Monday, January 26, 2009

(fill in holy icon) Loves the Steelers

I'm sick. If you read yesterdays blog you know this. This will be old news to you. I'm sick. I ran to the store to buy cake mix today because yes on top of being sick, packing for my pending trip on Wednesday, working and trying to get myself ready to leave town for Buffalo, I also have to bake a cake for work. Why? Because I volunteered. Because I love to bake and offered to bake the birthday party cake this month. Manly because it's for the Tabster and I know that while she'll appreciate she is also the only person in the office a side from Moma Bear who would secretly be thinking, I might have snuck poison in it. so I bake. FANTASTIC. of all the weeks in the winter to get a cold I picked this one. Stellar. So I was grabbing things at the store today like those people on supermarket sweepstakes. Remember that show. I looked like those chicks. Throwing boxes of detergent and frozen steaks in my cart, minus the detergent and frozen steaks....oh yeah and minus the cart. See I went for 3 things. Cake mix, veg. oil, and OJ. The juice not the criminal. Then i decided i wanted some "breakfast" so i grabbed a pint of Turkey hill Ice Cream. don't judge me. I'm SICK! Then as I walked towards the register doing my best balancing act I spotted a box of tissues. AHH I need those, runny nose, must have. And my friends. These are what I found.
Now you tell me God isn't cheering for the Steelers this Sunday!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Well, Puffs is ;)

I don't know if you saw my comment on yesterday's post... have given you an award... come get it :)

Sam_I_am said...

Awesome! There is a fab country song by Dusty Drake about the Steelers called "The Twelfth Man Song"

Amy McMean said...

I'll ahve to check it out! thanks sam