Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bloggy parents watch this.

I've taken my 7 year old cousins and my nephew to Chuck E Cheese once. I'm not a huge fan. It's too expensive, too crowded, and way to noisy. Plus, I wasn't ever a huge fan of the moving robot mouse show. Strange. And the pizza sucks. But kids like it so most people feel obligated to take their child there at least once. and you always have those kids who want to have a Chuck E Cheese Birthday party. Bump that. Throw a swing set up in the backyard with cake and balloons and call it a day.

Imagine my surprise when i saw a report on my local news about a fight at a Chuck E. Cheese in Harrisburg, Pa. not far from where I live. It's not one I've been to but it's near by. And it's a damn shame. Seems last year alone they had 12 "incidents" of fights. Let me clarify. 12 PARENT fights. not kids pushing and line jumping to get to the ball pit. Nope. Parents. Fighting. while their children play on the slide and win tokens. Parents are knocking each other out. I tried to upload the video from Youtube of this fight. Yeah Youtube. But I'm dumb and can't do that so I'll give you the link to go see it your self. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YLqbE0elMs

Oh yeah apparently the girl is PREGGERS. The girl fighting is PREGGERS. I'm not sure if she was at Chuck E. Cheese for the games and slide or if she's the parent of some other poor child. She's a kid herself. CEC is paying off duty cops to stand GUARD, to make sure no more fights happen. Uhm.....why didn't they do this after oh i don't know the 2nd-3rd-4th fights. 12 fights in one year. That's more bouts then most boxes do a year.

My question. What the hell is wrong with people?

2 comments:

Diane said...

I can't see the video and I have to admit, I'm glad. Some people just have so much class. And they are allowed to procreate. Go figure.

Sam_I_am said...

Our Chuck E. Cheese's serves beer. It either encourages fights or mellows everyone out.