Thursday, July 30, 2009
Personally I hear the word snake and I'm already about 50 miles from the scene. But snakes that eat alligators. Pardon my french, but FUCK that. So Melissa, if you are out there, on the outside of the snake, DROP A GIRL A COMMENT! So I can stop harassing the local authorities about my blogger friend from Florida who may or may not have been eaten by a big Python.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
1.) Who made you red hot this week?
2.) A day in your life...recap.
(inspired by Jennifer from Toddler Tirade)
3.) What decision are you having a hard time making?
(inspired by Evansmom from Just Sayin')
4.) How will you enjoy your last days of freedom (aka summer)?
(inspired by Heather from A Day In The Life)
5.)List your 7 most favorite summer items!
(inspired by Summer from Le Musings of Moi)
1. My Boss's, i use that word loosely, made us all RED HOT this week. We took over handling the obits for one of our "sister' papers and that all started this week. "Took over handling them" is a nice way to say they forced us to do them so they could get rid of the other people and not pay us anymore for the extra work and head aches that we acquired. Lucky us. This was decided LAST WEEK. My Boss's said they would notify the funeral homes of the changes, as it's for a paper that's 2 hours away from our home office. They. Did. Not. So This has been a fun week. And on TOP of that, my boss took the week off. How nice for HIM.
2. I'm going to post about this later.
4. I guess I can say I'll be enjoying my last days of summer on my vacation, ONLY vacation, to Buffalo in August. Yes some people go to the shore. Some to the mountains, some on cruises and Island get-a-ways. I go to. BUFFALO. I'm a nut. At least it wont snow this time.right. Right? I'm heading to the "American City" whatever that means, in August for 3 days. Really about 2 1/2 days to see the Smith's. Soccermoms baby shower is that weekend and we have plans to try and ride the Maid of the Mist, hit the usual spots I love, and see my Buffalo family. I'm heading up on August 20th after work. I'll be there all day Friday, Saturday and plan to leave no later then 3p.m. on Sunday. A nice little trip. A LONG 6 hour drive BOTH ways, but a nice little trip.
5. My 7 most favorite (?) summer items.
- Flip flops. I love them. I wear them ALL SUMMER! To me nothing screams summer like fun colored flip flops.
- Sun screen. It's one of those smells that always takes you back someplace in your mind. The beach, the pool, tubing on the river. The smell of sun screen on your skin is just plain nice.
- Coconut Italian Ice from Rita's. Uhhmmm. Italian Ice.
- BIG fun BAGS! all those bright colored beach totes and shoulder bags.
- TRASHY romance novels. They are the best for a fast beach read. You don;t have to pay TO much attention, there fore you are free to scope out the guys on the beach.
- Dark sunglasses. Helps your eyes and who wants to be caught staring at Bob the Body Builder to towels down.
- That one comfortable pair of shorts that fits just right and is soft and perfectly worn no matter how long you've had them. Those are great.
- Esty shops. thye are the best. I know i cheated and this is #8 but stop by Enjoy and check out Michael's bags. I love them!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
- I get embarrassed for people on TV. So embarrassed i have to change the channel or mute the tv, because somewhere in my mind i think it'll be less embarrassing for THEM if I can't hear it.
- If we are talking for an extended amount of time about something I'm not interested in I've usually tuned you out after the first 5 minutes, or I'm sitting there hoping the conversation will be over soon.
- I pick my nose.
- I have had longer conversations with myself then with real people these days. I talk to myself all the time at home. I've found I'm rather good at it.
- If you see me blogging, reading, watching TV, surfing the Internet, DO NOT approach me. I am physically incapable of doing two things at once. Trust me ladies, when your husband says he can't watch the game and listen to you at the same time, IT'S THE TRUTH!
- I find myself entering go nowhere relationships because I'm afraid of where the others might go.
- I'm more jealous then upset that my younger cousins (17 and 20) both have kids on the way. If anyone SHOULD be a parent it's me over them any day. Whats wrong with me.
- I would love to be more like Kitty and move across the country to try something, but I'm to afraid to leave YORK.
- I HATE calling people that I don't know. I have to work up the nerve to make phone calls to my doctor, customers, stores, anyplace. I hate it.
- I drink the left over olive juice.
So there's my idea of honest info about me.
My co-workers brought me a HUGE bag of them. I almost fell off my chair, I was so excited. Today is looking up. :)
Monday, July 27, 2009
August is Soccermom's baby shower, and I'm planning on taking a week off in November to go spend with her after he has the baby. I can't wait! I was so proud of myself this weekend I didn't let Soccermom sneak a peak at her scrapbook! Go ME!
I "plan" to post pictures from our weekend, when ever i get a chance. But this is pretty much how I'm feeling today.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Soccermom and I have been friends since our time at SRU. When it come down to it we are the only ones that keep in close contact from college. I was after all Maid of Honor in her wedding.
Not only do we share the same name AMY , but we share common things. A love for the Pittsburgh Steelers, BBQ sauce from Aldia's grocery store, ranch dressing, pickles, and clothing.
We went to the zoo dressed like this in October. We didn't even realize we were dressed a like until it was to late. A women stopped and asked us a zoo question, apparently she thought since we were dressed a like we must work at the zoo. No, we are just goofy. Steve made us change our clothes before we went out for dinner.
They have tried to convert me to Buffalo. they have talked it up. Her mother-in-law has offered housing, furniture, food, endless love, but there is one thing i can't get past about Buffalo. One BIG thing.
This was January. My last trip to the great Artic City of Buffalo. I tell them, Keep your snow. Now Soccermom is 6 months pregnant so it'll make it harder to not go to Buffalo to see my soon to be niece
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
1.) They just don't make (fill in the blank) like they used to!
2.) If you had the time and money...what charity would you help raise awareness for?
3.) What are YOU giddy about?
4.)What's on YOUR little kids list?
5.)Describe what brought you closer to your faith
I don't know how parents do it. I've heard once you become a parent you are better at tuning out things like whining children, sibling bickering, and mind numbing cartoons. But i don't see how you do it. I'm writing on the first prompt this week.
They just don't make cartoons like they used to! My nephew loves tv. I think he watches WAY to much. But he's not my child so I hold my tongue, unless he's staying at my house. But once in a while I'll catch one of the so called "cartoons" he watches. I can't imagine putting some of this stuff on children's programming. Whatever happen to the good old cartoons that i watched when i was little. What happen to Care bears?
Those were some happy little guys. Well maybe not the blue one. The show was good clean humor and didn't hurt anyone. Not like it's 90's counterpart
Pokemon. First this cartoon doesn't even make sense. You have all these weird little creatures who speak weird and change shape and you fight all these people and in the end you fight again. What's the point.
Maybe my biggest bone of contention is with these delightful young role models
What is this poor little Asian girl wearing? Some type of Lingerie. with what looks like a garter belt. And we are marketing this to small children. FANTASTIC. This girls live up to their name and the cartoon is trash. you know what I watched when i was a little girl.That's right Strawberry Shortcake and the gang. And look at that, all full clothed. What a thought. I remember watching the smurfs, the snorkels, GI Joe, Jem and you learned something. It wasn't all mind numbing dribble. I watched a cartoon with my nephew, which i can't recall at this moment. But I'll describe it. It's about this boy who wants to be an adventure person and his pirate friend. They live in a whale and the cartoon consists of man boob jokes, and talk about getting girls to kiss you, and they even pinched some cartoons nipple in it. What the hell.
I'm not saying the cartoons from back when i was a child were all great. I'm sure people can find fault with the Rainbow Bright, GI Joe, He Man and all the rest. Sure they were violent. But at least there was a clear start and finish. At least they made sense. and at least they were appropriate for children.
They sure don't make cartoons like they used to.
Stop over at Mama Kat's to see what everyone else is writing about
This is his super awesome announcement picture! He's so cute.
sorry but this is he best i can do right now. He usually spends all his free time throwing up on me so I don't have many pictures of us from recently. I'll try and upload the rest soon.
Swing by 7 Clown circus and see what everyone else is showing off this week.
Monday, July 20, 2009
- Friday BB and i went fishing int he morning and caught a ton of Sunnies and one very small bass.
- Then i spent the evening with Preggers and baby Logan. I'll have to upload the birth announcement photo. It's so cute. He's getting so big now at almost 8 weeks. We took him out to the mall, mainly because if Preggers didn't get out of the house she was going to lose it! So off we went to the mall, where Logan, being the great baby he is, SLEPT the whole time. But have no fear. He woke up when we got home just in time to throw up on my shirt. I LOVE that kid!
- Saturday i spent the day mowing the lawn for my parents. Which is roughly a 2 hour ordeal. I don't mind. It gives me plenty of time to think about stuff, well sometimes that can be a pain. LOL. So i worked on my tan, which looks great. Then i headed to Dallastown to see Jules and spend sometime with her. When i got home i finished the scrapbook I'm working on for Soccermom's baby shower. I'll have to upload some pictures of that thing.
- Sunday i went mini golfing with BB, his GF, and my nephew. I was horrible. HORRIBLE! i think i shot a 60+ score.......at mini golf!
- I'm so excited soccremom and Mr. Soccermom are coming down this weekend to visit. All the way from the big Buffalo, NY. Can't wait.
So that's what I've been up to. that and some other things, that are to boring to mention. LOL
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
And guess what? I had a good time. I learned i might be to old for bar hopping in flip flops in the rain. I might be to old to be running around clubs and Harrisburg all night. But we had fun. It was nice to see Michelle and nice to meet some new people. I will more then likely NEVER see them again, but the night was fun. I feel so grown up. LOL
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
1.) Tell us about a "dirt cheap" you've taken this summer.
(inspired by Anti-Supermom)
2.) When I grow up I want to be like...
(inspired by Jenny Says What?)
3.) Describe a difficult moment that you survived.
(inspired by Sarah M.)
4.) List 5 things you like to do while camping...or 5 places you'd like to go.
(inspired by Kisatrtle)
5.) What are you paranoid about?
(inspired by Melissa)
I choose #4.
I've camped all my life. ALL MY LIFE. until about the end of high school. I love camping. Always have. I have so many found memories from different camping trips. I can't wait to have a few kids so i can drag them kicking and screaming into the woods and force them to pee in a bucket. It'll be so much fun. I camped with girl scouts. What a disaster that was. My trip leaders, bless their hearts, weren't camping people. they tried. They failed. We usually came home wet, fighting, and pretty much pissed. But enough about the bad times. Let's talk about the fun times. I love all things camping. I love the bugs. I love the smell of a campfire. I love the woods. The smell creeks. Fishing. swimming. roasting wieners over the fire. I. LOVE. It. All. But my top 5 things i like to do while camping are.
Or my families personal favorite SMoreo's.
Made with the yummy goodness of oere's instead of Graham crackers.
So that's what I like to do while camping aside form, drink and be rowdy.
Stop by Mama Kat and see what everyone else wrote about this week. All the cook kids are doing. No peer pressure.
so here we go. My turn to pass the love on to 8 more wonderful people. Oh, the power I feel right now. Who wants it? who wants it? Please people stop waving your arms around in my face like school children. I only respond to treats of cake and shiny gifts. So 8 blogs wow. I don't know. I always feel like I've been transported back to 6th grade gym class when i need to pick people. Only this time I'm the red team captain for dodge ball instead of one of the last 2 picked for a team. So i pick EVERYONE!
That's right. I did it. Everyone means YOU!
Doesn't she look like a alien with those things on.
6th I repeatedly told them DO NOT SHOOT ME.
7th They shot each other in the face (goggled faced) and the yelled about it?
Please explain this thought process to me....PLEASE?
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
I took them to a local golf course that is no longer in use. We walked all over and they picked weeds. they called them flowers, I called them weeds. Tomato. Tamato.
I wanted to take pictures of them. But. Two 8 year old girls and 1 me makes it kind of rough.
I saw a lot of this. Them walking. Much further ahead of me. I swear they have faces. I SWEAR! I think they thought it was a race. I was the only one not panting and moaning when we finally reached the car. much much later. :)
I like this picture. It would have been nice had Jessica not CROSSED her eyes. On PURPOSE! Thanks Jessica. This is why I want them 1 on 1 for their pictures. for now.
She was so proud of her self, "I crossed my eyes for your photo" Gee Thanks.
If you're looking for a cool new bag, and who isn't, swing by and check out ENjoy . He has some real cool handmade bags on here. I love this one . check him out when you get a chance.
Monday, July 6, 2009
I AM MAN. I MAKE FIRE.
Dinner is served......at 10 p.m. Please note in the photo it was DAY LIGHT when we started. Roughly 8:15 p.m. I got my yummy plate of chicken at around 10 p.m. It was a nice evening in the low to mid 70's with a slight breeze. The company was only moderately annoying. We bickered about the purpose of the vent on the grill lid and how to make the food cook faster. I of course was slightly more correct then the caveman in the picture. But he choose not to "hear" me when i spoke. nothing like sitting in the dark in the driveway watching food that is shielded by a lid cook. fun times. Sure wish we would have had some marshmallows.
Over my three days. I did not under any circumstances
- Play with the baby Logan.
- I didn't forget the burp cloth only to RELEARN the lesson the hard way with breast milk thrown up all over my shirt.
- I didn't buy mint chocolate chip ice cream because I know it's the twins favorite and surely didn't let them sleep over and stay up late.
- I would never let them watch Pet Cemetery and I surely wouldn't make fun of them for plugging their ears and closing their eyes when it got to "scary'
- The 3 of us didn't look at my yearbooks from kindergarten up and i didn't show them their music teachers picture.
- I didn't spend parts of all 3 days in the sun soaking up as much as I could.
- I didn't fight my parents when they said we were having STEAK instead of BURGERS at the cook out on Saturday.
- I surely wasn't the one who ate the missing deviled egg.
- I didn't walk 100 yards up the street to the fairgrounds to watch the fireworks with my cousin and her kids, instead of just watching them from my porch.
- I didn't have myself a little Steven King marathon watching The Dead Zone, Silver Bullet, Pet Cemetery, and Graveyard shift.
- And i defiantly DIDN'T have NIGHTMARES. Not at all.
So those are somethings i didn't do over my 3 days off.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Please excuse Amy McMean from this weeks writing assignment. She will not be in class on the due date and we did not fill out the appropriate excuse forms in advance. She understands there are consequences for her actions and it's her job to make up any and all missed assignments during her absence. She will not be in school that day due to the fact she has been GRANTED a 3 day leave of absence from work. Some might refer to this as a mini-vacation, AMEN days, 3 day weekend, or GODS GRACE. She refers to this as her, "Inflict bodily harm to customer PREVENTION DAYS".
She will be unable to access the Internet to properly turn in her assignment. As during these "prevention days" she will be transported to a place where current technology doesn't exist (her apartment).
Had she done her assignment here were the choices
1.) Mother's guilt...tell us what happened.
(inspired by Lolli)
2.) Write five "Incredibly Short Books". Some examples:
"Chemical Contraception Choices for Catholic Couples"
"Teenage U.S. Presidents"
"The Book of Female Popes"
"The 2008 Book of General Motors Profits"
Dan says, "The point is that the book is of zero size since the title is a contradiction with reality."
(inspired by Dan)
3.) I'll be happy when ________________.
(inspired by Tracy P.)
4.) Relay an interesting conversation you recently had with someone that may or may not involve creating a Loch Ness Monster Theme Park.
(inspired by Jen)
5.) Show us something you made!
(inspired by Janis)
#1 is out. She's not a parent. and her mother has no guilt.
#3 She will be happy when she stop letting herself be brought down by all the things other people "think" she should have, be, do, look like, and want. And only worry about what she WANT.
#4 She had an interesting conversation with a local Funeral director about going on a tour of the crematorium. Which she's super excited for. It DID NOT involve NESSY at ALL.
#5 She could show you pictures of the new scrapbook she's making for Preggers in Buffalo, but it's not started yet.
So had she done the assignment she would have chosen
With titles such as~
- Effective and Exceptional Public Speaking Skills by George W. Bush
- Snow removal in Mexico
- Iran: A fair and just society
- Katrina: The good parts
- Why we love the WNBA
But finally after an hour, and a few shakes to his bouncer. (joking) I didn't shake the bouncer, but i might have turned it off in an attempt to wake him from his slumber. He did begin to open those little tiny eyes. Watching him try to wake up while the vibrator part of the bounce chair is still on is so FUNNY. he'll start to open his eyes and look around and then the calm vibes send him right back to lala land. So that's why mean old Aunt Amy turned it off. To see this.
Are those......eyes. I so rarely see those when I'm here. Wait are you.....awake little guy?
Hey Logan! Nice of you to join us!
Stop by and see what everyone else has to SHOW us at 7 clown circus