Tuesday, November 25, 2008

R.I.P. Insanely Awesome man

This tpoic might not seem to wonderful but I think of it more as a celebration of life (must be the obit clerk in me coming out). I'm an obit clerk at our local paper, occasionally I'll get an obit for someone I don't know but that I recognize from the world. Someone I've seen over the years at the grocery store, or someone I know who lived near my grandmother, whatever. Well yesterday we got the obit for a gentleman that most of York County has seen. A guy anyone who ever attended any of the Harley events here would know. Larry Geier. While the name might not ring any bells for most people, the image sure does.

See! How could you forget this image roaring down route 30. Yes my blogger friends those are basset hounds wearing flight goggles, leather caps and riding on a motorcycle. I'm sorry but how FUCKING cool is this! I think this guy rocks (ed)! He was always around int he summer, during fair week, bike weekend, and all the time. How cool does the dog on the left look, he's big old ears blowing in the wind! I love this. This was part of his obit picture. We did a double photo of this and a photo of just him. I love this picture how cool. Here's the little article that ran on the web site yesterday.

6 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

LOVE that photo!!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

the photo is wonderful, what a lovely tribute!

Simply AnonyMom said...

What a great tribute to a awesome (I'm assuming) man.

It is wonderful he thought about the safety of his dogs with the protective gear.

Happy WW and Thanksgiving. and thank you for visiting my blog

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

I think this is a great tribute! A magical WW to you!

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

thats great! love the picture!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I met Larry several years ago at a freind's house. Nicest guy I ever met. He was, like me, a diabetic, as well as underemployed. I still would like to know where his dogs went, as they were supposed to go to Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue. I haven't seen mention of them any where on their website.