Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gnarly drains

MY CAR IS FIXED! I'm so excited i can't wait to have my wonderful car back and in working order. I can't wait to open my backdoor! Ah it's been so long. No need to throw things over the backseat anymore. I can happily place it in the back Thur the backdoor. So convenient. thank you Auto Body Shop!

Yesterday I did by far one of the grossest things ever. I cleaned out my tub drain. I noticed my shower was draining really slow, but to be honest, I didn't care. I figured I would start to care when the tub didn't drain at all. Now I've lived in my tiny tot apartment for about a year and a half. I love my little bitty cardboard shack, but I never thought about cleaning out the drain. I mop the floors, scrub the tub, vacuum, dust (OK maybe not dust) but I try to keep it tidy. Not anal tidy but decent looking tidy. Well yesterday I had some time to kill before work so I figured oh what the heck why not. I got my screw driver and started unscrewing the drain cover. Well that was a chore because as I found out the gross HAIRBALL clogging the drain was wrapped tightly around the screw and had what I can only describe as rat tails that were stretched down the drain. It was so gross. It took me almost 20 minutes to that gnarly mess off the screw. It involved ripping, cutting and rinsing the smelly gunk off a few times. But now my shower could bet your shower in a drain-a-thon. (thats that bad winner coming out of me).

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!. If you read my blog on Thursday's for Mama Kat's workshop don't forget to stop back every other day and leave me some love!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ick ick ick.

I grew up in a house with 3 females with thick hair. I know all about the hair monster that lives in the drain. He is a smelly beast.