Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kwinky dinky? I think not.

****UPDATED***
update at bottom!

So If you read my blog and I'm sure you do (I can almost hear the crickets chirping) then you might know I've started working towards a new/ better more wonderful me. I'm eating better, acting better and over all trying to be better and happier in my life. It is after all what you make of it. Well today when I checked my mail I had my first letter back from my Air Force pen pal. I signed up a few weeks back for a solider pen pal. I was pretty excited to say the least when I opened my mailbox and found his letter back. And it's veterans day. How cool. I already mailed my next letter and I have a Thanksgiving card filled out and addressed to mail out next week. My pen pal's letter was really nice and he said he was glad for the mail and hopes to hear from me again. that made me feel good that I'm doing something for someone else who appreciates what I'm doing. I set out to do something selfless and it's rewarding me. odd.








Happy Veteran's Day to ALL VETERANS and their families!

The web address for the adopt a soldier site I used is
http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/

3 comments:

La Pixie said...

thats really sweet of you! a soldier pen pal... how did you hear about that?

KatBouska said...

Ooh ooh, I want a soldier!! How do you adopt one??

Amy McMean said...

I adopted mine throught Operation Military pride. Google it. They send you a name and address of a soldier it's great. I'll post more about it.