Now it's not fair to say the whole birthay thing sucks. I've had some really good birthday events after the fact. Like my 21st birthday outting was a blast. it was also a week after my actual birthday. The actual day i turned 21. Suck-a-roo fest! But in a last ditch attempt to prove to others and MYSELF thats it's not ME (and it always is) I've compiled a list of things that have happen on this date (april 14) through out the years. EnJoY! I'll list 27 things as I'm 27!
April 14 is the 104th day of the year (105th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 261 days remaining until the end of the year. (life line for trivia)
- 43 BC – Battle of Forum Gallorum: Mark Antony, besieging Julius Caesar's assassin Decimus Junius Brutus in Mutina, defeats the forces of the consul Pansa, who is killed.
- 1471 – In England, the Yorkists under Edward IV defeat the Lancastrians under Warwick at the battle of Barnet; the Earl of Warwick is killed and Edward IV resumes the throne.
- 1828 – Noah Webster copyrights the first edition of his dictionary.
- 1831 – Soldiers marching on a bridge in Manchester, England cause it to collapse.
- 1846 – The Donner Party of pioneers departs Springfield, Illinois, for California, on what will become a year-long journey of hardship, cannibalism, and survival.
- 1859 - Charles Dickens' "A Tale Of Two Cities" published
- 1860 – The first Pony Express rider reaches Sacramento, California.
- 1865 – U.S. President Abraham Lincoln is shot in Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth.
- 1881 – The Four Dead in Five Seconds Gunfight erupts in El Paso, Texas.
- 1912 – The British passenger liner RMS Titanic hits an iceberg at 11.35pm in the North Atlantic, and sinks the following morning with the loss of 1,517 lives.
- 1927 – The first Volvo car premieres in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 1935 – "Black Sunday (storm)", the worst dust storm of the U.S. Dust Bowl.
- 1944 – Bombay Explosion (1944): A massive explosion in the Bombay harbor kills 300 causes economic damage valued then at 20 million pounds.
- 1948 - New York City subway fares jump from 5 cents to 10 cents
- 1956 – In Chicago, Illinois, videotape is first demonstrated.
- 1964-A Delta rocket's third-stage motor prematurely ignites in an assembly room at Canaveral, killing 3.
- 1978 -Korean Air Lines Boeing 707, fired on by Soviets, crashes in Russia
- 1986 – 1 kg (2.2 pound) hailstones fall on the Gopalganj district of Bangladesh, killing 92. These are the heaviest hailstones ever recorded.
- 1982- ME!!!!
- 1986 - Double-decker ferry sinks in stormy weather in Bangladesh killing 200
- 1989 - 1,100,000,000th Chinese born
- 1994 – In a U.S. friendly fire incident during Operation Provide Comfort in northern Iraq, two United States Air Force aircraft mistakenly shoot-down two United States Army helicopters, killing 26 people.
- 1994 - Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley announces plans to divorce
- 1994 - Branch Davidian cult leader David Koresh promises to surrender after completion of his Seven Seals manuscript
- 1999 – NATO mistakenly bombs a convoy of ethnic Albanian refugees – Yugoslav officials say 75 people are killed.
- 1999 – A severe hailstorm strikes Sydney, Australia causing A$1.7 billion in insured damages, the most costly natural disaster in Australian history.
- 2000 – Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich files a lawsuit against P2P sharing phenomenon Napster. This law-suit eventually leads the movement against file-sharing programs.
So theres some of the many thing si found. Interesting. And just think a tad less empty space in your brain now. Hmmm. That might not have sounded the best. I wasn't saying..... well what I meant to say was....... oh you know. I'm off for the rest of the week. that means back to the stone ages of NO INTERNET. My friend, Soccermom, is flying in Wednesday and we'll be busy painting the town fuscia the rst of the week. I'm sure I will have lots of pictures and funny stories when i come back SUNDAY.
Have a great week and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME and to MELISSA at 3 boys and a little lady. I wont be here to say Happy Birthday to you so HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOW!!!!