Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RED HOT BOSS's

The Prompts:

1.) Who made you red hot this week?
2.) A day in your life...recap.
(inspired by Jennifer from Toddler Tirade)
3.) What decision are you having a hard time making?
(inspired by Evansmom from Just Sayin')
4.) How will you enjoy your last days of freedom (aka summer)?
(inspired by Heather from A Day In The Life)
5.)List your 7 most favorite summer items!
(inspired by Summer from Le Musings of Moi)


1. My Boss's, i use that word loosely, made us all RED HOT this week. We took over handling the obits for one of our "sister' papers and that all started this week. "Took over handling them" is a nice way to say they forced us to do them so they could get rid of the other people and not pay us anymore for the extra work and head aches that we acquired. Lucky us. This was decided LAST WEEK. My Boss's said they would notify the funeral homes of the changes, as it's for a paper that's 2 hours away from our home office. They. Did. Not. So This has been a fun week. And on TOP of that, my boss took the week off. How nice for HIM.

2. I'm going to post about this later.
3. PASS
4. I guess I can say I'll be enjoying my last days of summer on my vacation, ONLY vacation, to Buffalo in August. Yes some people go to the shore. Some to the mountains, some on cruises and Island get-a-ways. I go to. BUFFALO. I'm a nut. At least it wont snow this time.right. Right? I'm heading to the "American City" whatever that means, in August for 3 days. Really about 2 1/2 days to see the Smith's. Soccermoms baby shower is that weekend and we have plans to try and ride the Maid of the Mist, hit the usual spots I love, and see my Buffalo family. I'm heading up on August 20th after work. I'll be there all day Friday, Saturday and plan to leave no later then 3p.m. on Sunday. A nice little trip. A LONG 6 hour drive BOTH ways, but a nice little trip.

5. My 7 most favorite (?) summer items.
  • Flip flops. I love them. I wear them ALL SUMMER! To me nothing screams summer like fun colored flip flops.
  • Sun screen. It's one of those smells that always takes you back someplace in your mind. The beach, the pool, tubing on the river. The smell of sun screen on your skin is just plain nice.
  • Coconut Italian Ice from Rita's. Uhhmmm. Italian Ice.
  • BIG fun BAGS! all those bright colored beach totes and shoulder bags.
  • TRASHY romance novels. They are the best for a fast beach read. You don;t have to pay TO much attention, there fore you are free to scope out the guys on the beach.
  • Dark sunglasses. Helps your eyes and who wants to be caught staring at Bob the Body Builder to towels down.
  • That one comfortable pair of shorts that fits just right and is soft and perfectly worn no matter how long you've had them. Those are great.
  • Esty shops. thye are the best. I know i cheated and this is #8 but stop by Enjoy and check out Michael's bags. I love them!

5 comments:

Sam_I_am said...

You know what's a little crazy and I hope that I don't sound stalkerish, but I've been hard-core slacking on my blogging and blog reading. So, when I logged on today, I thought "I haven't been to Amy's blog for a long time and I miss her." Is it normal? I'm not sure. I waved to you though, when I passed York on the PA Turnpike last week! haha

Gigi said...

Wow - you got almost all of them. I struggled through only one! Kudos to you. I love big bags & sunglasses too!

The Rambler said...

Hope you enjoy your 3 day vacation in Buffalo. Hey, maybe you'll start a fad...Where do you go for Vakay...Try BUFFALO..Amy did and she loved it.

:me shaking head: I am so lame. Forgive me. :)

La Pixie said...

oooh, I love flips flops. I love showing off my cute pedicures.

Unknown said...

Having been to Buffalo, I have to think you are either smart or crazy like a fox - avoiding the winter ice and snow is a great idea.

Maybe if you make a voodoo doll of the boss, you can improve his management skills.