Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My big night out

So I'm trying new things lately. some good. some not so much. but live and learn right.
so i don't usually enjoy hanging out with people i don't know. Actually that's my idea of hell. Me, a bunch of people i don't know, and someone trying to do my hair and makeup while trapped in a tiny room where we are all FORCED to talk. That's my idea of hell. So when my friend from high school called to say she was in town for her sister's (who i don't really know to well anymore) bachlorette party and wanted to know if i was up for coming out i was apprehensive. to say the least. But i said YES and stuck to it. Me and bunch of people i didn't know, aside from my 1 friend, hit Harrisburg Saturday for so drinking, dancing, and giant hot pink penis favors. I even wore the button that said SINGLE that the soon to be bride gave me. But no luck. Oh well. So here are a few pictures from the night.
Michelle and I. She is crazy smart! not much of a photo taker but crazy smart

Here is the bride to be with her awesome HOT PINK penis stuff.

And guess what? I had a good time. I learned i might be to old for bar hopping in flip flops in the rain. I might be to old to be running around clubs and Harrisburg all night. But we had fun. It was nice to see Michelle and nice to meet some new people. I will more then likely NEVER see them again, but the night was fun. I feel so grown up. LOL

5 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad you had fun! I'm working on stepping out of my comfort zone, too... it's not always easy (well, it's almost NEVER easy) but it's good sometimes, too!

Cat said...

I'm with diane on this and glad you had a good time. it's not easy to go out like that so give yourself an big pat on the back!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you ventured out and met new people.... an experience you will never forget!!
I did that once before-- a friend of mine was throwing HER friend a bachelorette party, in Vegas, and invited me. I knew nobody but her..... but by the end of the weekend we were all "great friends"!! good times!!

La Pixie said...

ahhh, who doesnt love hot pink penis stuff?!?!

Alicia W. said...

I'm hosting my very 1st giveaway over at my lil home away from home.... you should come join us! :)