Wednesday, July 8, 2009

If I was me I would like......

Fresh from my "prevention days" I'm thrilled to bring you my weekly writing assignment post. Mama Kat's post.

The Prompts:
1.) Tell us about a "dirt cheap" you've taken this summer.

(inspired by Anti-Supermom)
2.) When I grow up I want to be like...
(inspired by Jenny Says What?)

3.) Describe a difficult moment that you survived.
(inspired by Sarah M.)
4.) List 5 things you like to do while camping...or 5 places you'd like to go.
(inspired by Kisatrtle)

5.) What are you paranoid about?
(inspired by Melissa)


I choose #4.
I've camped all my life. ALL MY LIFE. until about the end of high school. I love camping. Always have. I have so many found memories from different camping trips. I can't wait to have a few kids so i can drag them kicking and screaming into the woods and force them to pee in a bucket. It'll be so much fun. I camped with girl scouts. What a disaster that was. My trip leaders, bless their hearts, weren't camping people. they tried. They failed. We usually came home wet, fighting, and pretty much pissed. But enough about the bad times. Let's talk about the fun times. I love all things camping. I love the bugs. I love the smell of a campfire. I love the woods. The smell creeks. Fishing. swimming. roasting wieners over the fire. I. LOVE. It. All. But my top 5 things i like to do while camping are.

Stay up late and tell stories and talk.

Sit around the campfire with my friends and family

Catch lightening bugs.
And smash them on someone and watch the person glow.
HI PETA!

Roast marshmallows to make smores.
Or my families personal favorite SMoreo's.
Made with the yummy goodness of oere's instead of Graham crackers.

And finally find new cool places like this.
Oh yeah and go for a dip in the cool water.

So that's what I like to do while camping aside form, drink and be rowdy.

Stop by Mama Kat and see what everyone else wrote about this week. All the cook kids are doing. No peer pressure.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Me too! Me too! Well, except for smashing the lightning bugs... 'cause that's just mean.

kisatrtle said...

That sounds so relaxing and fun...unlike what I've just returned home from.

Here's hoping for more camping trips like yours and less like mine.

I blog about this earlier in the week but my trip involved ticks, dead moles, flooded tents and much more.

Unknown said...

I'd say I'd send mine off with you, but the Son has already spent fifteen years camping and still does. At least he can't blame it on me!

You saw my feelings on camping over on the blog - my bed trumps your tent any day - especially with the shower!