Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mark this down

WOW. So I'm starting my week off on a grand note here at work. Seems my co-worker isn't to accommodating for the fact that I'm taking time off in April. Now yes i know i was just off for a week. However that was unplanned. This time in April has been planned since the end of January. She knew it. I told her the last of January. The dates, and days (same thing right) well apparently since is didn't involve her she didn't REALLY listen. She has since decided she's going away over the weekend i need her to work for me. And ISN'T working. I'm sorry. What? Seems she's not giving up her plans for me. Seems she doesn't give a shit about anyone but herself. So I've gone ahead and made the executive decision that I'm also taking the Sunday after thanksgiving off. See last year i was nice and worked Black Friday for her so she could leave early to go to her Boyfriends families home in Maryland. this put off my trip to Maryland to see my family and hunt for the weekend by a few hours. Now it's a 4 hour drive to my family's home, so Mr. Ship and I didn't leave York until 3:30 p.m. so we wasted a whole day. Friday was shot till we got there around 7:30p.m. So this year I'm done being nice. I'm not giving up my Friday for here EVER again. What a jerk. See our boss (if that's what you want to call her) tells us to deal with figuring out our vacation time and making sure there is someone to cover the days we are off. I'm sorry but isn't that the BOSS's job? What the hell do they pay her for? Please inform me about this? I'm pretty pissed because now Ruth has to work 6 days in a row and princess gets her time off and i feel like crap because i like Ruth and i don't want her to have to work so many days. Needless to say I'm pissed. REALLY PISSED!

I still can't access the fax machine from my computer to make sure the faxes I've sent have gone through. it's been well over 2 weeks since my computer lost the ability to check the fax status and over 6 months since the other computer lost the same option. So i emailed our IT department. Hopefully they are done setting up all the NEW laptops they bought the advertising department (yeah furlough?) and can take care of this problem. they have slowly been dismantling a computer at our desk for 2 months and i also asked them to get it the fuck off my desk space, only slightly nicer. here's the email i sent them.

I haven't been able to access the fax server on my computers for over 2 weeks now. We need to be able to verify if faxes have gone through to funeral homes and law offices in order to ensure proofs and charges have been submitted. Please find time to fix this problem for us. The computer Wendy uses hasn't been able to check the status for well over 6 months. This appears when we try to check the status THE FAX SERVER COULD NOT FIND AN ACCOUNT MATCHING YOUR NETWORK LOGIN, "YNC/OBITDESK"

We also need Word put onto Wendy's computer in order for her to be able to do the envelopes for legal proof of publications, she was using the computer that we no longer have to do this. And if you could take the monitor that is still sitting here that would be swell.
Thanks
Amy
obit desk

What do you think? Point across?

Oh yeah and the vending machine ripped me off. Sure it said i pushed E6 but i very clearly pushed F6. Why would i push E6 there isn't even anything in that slot. So i got nothing and they got 80 cents. hum? Even the vending machine is getting the hang of this furlough shit. Just like the company take from us and keep for themselves. interesting.

No comments: