Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WWUD? (what would you do)

I woke up pitter patter today. Not the pitter patter of tiny feet, tho that would highly disturbing since I don't have children, but the pitter patter of RAIN. Which made me snuggle down deeper into my blanket and start contemplating what to do next. The obvious things were get up. Get in the shower. Get ready for work...etc.
HOWEVER. That was not what I did. I started to come up with reasons I HAD to stay in bed and not go to work. Good reasons I thought. IMPORTANT reasons. You tell me what you think.

  • It's raining. enough said
  • My umbrella is in the car and I am in the house, thus i can't go to work because I'll get soaked, and I can't find my rain coat.
  • I live on the second floor and my WOOD steps are very slippery when wet.
  • I could fall down the stairs, break my leg and arm and be out of work for a long time. That helps NO one. I should stay home.
  • My bed is so WARM.
  • My apartment is so NOT warm.
  • I'm really tired. I worked 5 1/2 Sunday and 10.5 hours yesterday. They should understand.
  • I'm sure no one would notice the obits are missing from the evening paper.
  • I might kill someone if I go.
  • I don't have any bread to make a sandwich.

All sounded good to me. Alas, here I am. At work. doing the "responsible" thing. Oh aren't I super.

No comments: