Friday, October 23, 2009

Back in the land of phone owners

So I purchased my new phone yesterday. I'm the proud owner of a Nokia 3150? (I think). It doesn't walk on water or make gold out of straw, but it does make and receive calls. Call me silly but I tend to look for that in a phone. I spent all last night trying to figure out how to turn the phone on vibrate. I thought i had it figured out....however around 10 p.m. I realized I didn't when my friend text me. Thanks for that. But after a few hours of playing with it today I now know how to do it. Now I just have to set everything else back to the ring i want.....what a hassle. If i had a house phone I wouldn't bother at all with a cell. I DO NOT WANT TO BE REACHABLE ALL THE TIME. Somehow for MANY MANY years we all survived without cell phones. I wouldn't have a problem, but I don't have a land line so I don't really have a choice. I need to be reachable sometimes.....shame.
Well the news guy is calling for rain all day tomorrow. GREAT. tomorrow is the Halloween party for the monsters. My mom called me freaking out, "CHANGE IT TO SUNDAY!!!!" Super idea, I work Sunday, but what can i do. I'm "supposed" to be coming in to monitor and help the new lady (my nephew could do this job better then her) so I left her a note saying I'll be in between 6-7 p.m. And then my week of HELL begins. My wonderful co-worker Ruth is off and I'm left with the new lady. Who for a lack of better words, isn't getting the job done very well. So I'll be working at LEAST 7 days next week, with a few extra hours in the evening thrown in there for excitement. Can't WAIT!

No comments: