Thursday, October 8, 2009

This weeks writing assignment

The Prompts:
1.) What's cooking in YOUR crockpot?
2.) Find your one very favorite picture of Summer and write a poem about it.
3.) Pay tribute to a favorite blogger!
4.) When I look in the mirror...
5.) The top ten things I'd rather be doing than having sex with David Letterman

1)Let's see I made BBQ ribs in my slow cooker on Tuesday. They in a nut shell SUCKED. My slow cooker is well, acting a bit bitchy lately. Not sure what her problem is. Maybe she feels neglected, but if she would just understand that if she keeps ruining my dinner I'm going to neglect her more often. I mean. Hello. She sits at home all day, all i ask is that she cook my dinner RIGHT! Geezzzz slow cooker. I thought the point was to have make nice moist ribs, not saw dust. You know better! Don't make me take you on Maury!


2)No teachers no homework no pesky school,
Just fun in the sun and running around like a fool.
Knee deep in mud and soaked to the bones,
What fun is to learn to skip stones.
A day at the creek with my rod and my dad,
what can i say it ain't half bad!


3)I love all my blogger friends but swing by and check out AMY. Her husband is in the Army and they are making some big changes in their lives. so let's show them they have support, even if it is coming from out here in Bloggy land!

4)When i look in the mirror I wonder who this person is. It's not the person I thought I would see staring back at me at 27. I never had the ideal life planned. I didn't think I would be married by a certain age and kids 2.5 years later, or anything like that. But I guess I just figured I'd met someone in college fall madly in love, get married and start a family. I guess I thought that would happen by the time i was 27. But it didn't. Well. It sort of did. I met someone in college fell madly in love and a year later it ended. No marriage, no kids. Just me and some boxes. When i look in the mirror I see a girl who doesn't know what she wants or how to figure it out. But I see a girl who's trying. A girl who's not giving up. I see my mom, my dad, my family, staring back at me wondering what happen to the little girl who knew exactly what she wanted out of life, all those years ago.

5)10 things I would rather do then Mr. Letterman.
10. I'd rather sit through another office meeting about paper usage.
9. I'd rather tar and feather myself.
8. I'd rather watch Cspan all day
7. I'd rather star on Rock of Love
6. I'd rather knit my self a noose
5. I'd rather debate World policy with Brittany Spears.
4. I'd rather vacation with the Bush's
3. I'd rather open mouth kiss my dog.
2. I'd rather take 50 1st graders to the fair, ALONE.
1. I'd rather sleep with the bald band director for Lettermans show.

5 comments:

The Black Sheep said...

Your list is hilarious! Debating politics with Ms. Spears would surely put me over the edge but better than doin' Letterman!

Unknown said...

What? Newspapers have meetings about paper use? Who'd a thunk it?

junebug said...

My hubby had a meeting about paper use at an airline company. So I thought that was pretty funny.
I bet you could totally beat Brit.

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Thanks for the laugh. I loved the discussion with your crock pot.

Simply Valorie said...

Your list is hilarious! And the picture is cute too. :)