Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Huh......

So if you remember from last week I had a rather crap week. Well I'm glad to report this week has been better. Compared to last week every week of my LIFE has been better. Friday (however ended the crap week in full swing) I had an appointment to get my car inspected. Oh Joy. Here in Pennsylvania we need a new inspection and emissions done every year. GREAT. I'm all for safety but man it tends to hit me hard. My car is a 2003 Saturn Vue. Shouldn't be to bad for inspection, still new(ish) low miles runs like a champ. HUH.

they called me to tell me that it failed the emissions test. APPARENTLY i needed some new hose (?) and a gas cap. But since it failed i would need to drive the car another 100 miles before they can retest the emissions, and since it failed they could not do the inspection either. Oh yeah and "you'll need new tires to pass. So today's charge is $220." GREAT.

Well last night my gas light came on so i did what everyone does when that happens. I stopped for gas. This was the first meeting between myself and the new gas cap. With out further delay meet the new gas cap.
And that my friends is what a $35 gas cap looks like. Needless to say I WAS NOT impressed. this one doesn't have the cord like my old one did and my gas door doesn't have one of those slots to hold the cap while you are pumping. So i just sorta have to hold it while I pump. Worth every penny of that $35. (insert eye roll).

I should have taken a picture of the $620 tires (you can sort of see them in the photo). so needless to say $840 later and the darn thing STILL isn't inspected. but the guy told me i wont have to pay for the emissions test again they will do that at no charge. AHHH thanks, how nice of you.

4 comments:

Cat said...

They suck you dry any way they can don't they? Nice tires though. Gas cap sucks...does it lock? We have to get a cap that locks! We live on top of a ridge in noone land and some jerk steals the gas out of my car last night. I started off the hill and saw it on empty. I hope they chocked on that gas trying to get it out and I have yet to figure out how they did it. Yeah, life does suck sometimes hey brighten out days and tell us your boss was hit by a rogue bus driver!

La Pixie said...

cars suck. they suck the money right out of you!

Sam_I_am said...

Marry a mechanic. That's how I deal with car issues. :-)

Melissa said...

That SUCKS!! I swear, I never trust those meachanics.... sometimes I think they just "find" problems so we have to spend more money!!