Friday, October 3, 2014

3rd of 31

#3 best book I read this year. 

Hmmm. I haven't read as much as I would like lately. 

But I did read Gone Girl. 

Normally I try not to read books that are surrounded by hype and that everyone seems to LOVE, because I always hate them. They are built up to be THE BEST BOOK EVER but after I read them I'm left thinking......did I miss something, why does everyone love this book or that book. Well, gone girl was shaping up to be another dud book to me. I just couldn't get into it. 30 pages in boring, 50 pages in boring, 70 pages in is it over yet, 100 pages in....wait a second what's going on here this isn't so bad after all. 

It might be the best book I ever read but once I hit the 100 page mark it started to get interesting. Finally a hyped up book that wasn't a complete dud. 

No comments: