Wednesday, March 23, 2011

enough with the clicking

I'm not even sure when the last time was i participated in the writing prompt. It's been awhile, but now that I'm back I'm going all in. Back to the things I loved.



I picked #3

Something you do that drives your significant other crazy.



My boyfriend hates. Hates.HATES when i have the remote. I'm not sure why. It might be the non stop clicking up and down and up and down through the channels until i find something that doesn't appear to suck (in my opinion). It might be the fact that he has a penis and isn't as thrilled by Teen Mom 2, Kim and Kourtney Take New York or Shedding for the Wedding. Maybe you can only watch some many Auction King, Storage Wars, and say Yes to the Dress marathons. I don't think that's true . But I don't have a penis....thank god. I don't know how you couldn't love those shows. So what if i like to surf the channels during commercials, so what if sometimes i get so confused i can't remember what i was originally watching. SO WHAT. I'm sure my boyfriend has voiced his dislike for what I do and actually told me why it bothers him....but I'm watching tv, and he knows not to talk to me while I'm watching tv. I am TOTALLY incapable of holding a conversation while I'm engulfed in TV........and it's worse when the Steelers are playing. WOW! hmmmmmm.....maybe that's what he dislikes about my tv watching. not the shows. not the flipping through channels. Maybe it's the fact that everything he says is meant with a delayed "What?" from me.



the other night we had a heated debate about the fact that I wasn't ignoring him, I was watching tv.

Me~ can you put the laundry in the dryer for me

BF blah blah blah blah

Me~ (5minutes later during a commercial break) So where are we on that laundry situation?

BF~ Weren't you listening to me

Me` Yeah i heard NO and then nothing after that

BF~ That's not what i said blah blah blah blah

Me~ (5 minutes later during another break) I'll just do it myself.

BF~ WHAT DID I SAY!

Me~ Clearly i don't know, I was watching tv. I thought the conversation was over at NO.

BF~ NO!

Me~ Well what did you say?

BF~ I'm not repeating myself, Amy needs to not ignore me

Me~ Oh that's mature, Was i or was i not watching tv, you know i don't listen when i'm watching tv, so you can't get mad at me

BF~ WOW, some defense

Me~ Just tell me what you said, are you going to put the laundry in the dryer or not?

BF~ I'm not telling you what i said, i already told you once

Me~ WOW!

No comments: