Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 18 of 30 days of truth

Day 18--- Your views on Gay marriage

I don't see the big deal. Maybe it's because I'm not a big religious person. But since they only want what every other married person wants.....the rights that come with being married. I don't get what the problem is. It doesn't have anything to do with God and church. They want to be able to marry the person they love, they want to be able to have the same legal rights as married people. that's all that matters. Why can't people see that. No one is trying to disgrace the sanctity of marriage..................but let's be honest, more then enough STRAIGHT married people have done that. How is that hurting your family? How does to men or two women getting married make your marriage and family any less........................of anything.

I guess I just don't understand what everyone is so afraid of. I mean yeah it's an awful scary thought for two people to get married that have absolutely no effect on your life. And when you think about it from a purely legal sense, which i think is how it should be thought of...............then that takes out the whole church view, because here in America we have this crazy "separation of church and state" or at least we fought a war to have that idea, since we don't seem to practice it every often. Or mostly just when it's handy for the christian view. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, and that's fine. I'm fine with that. Because in the long run....gay marriage has absolutely no effect on my life. And regardless........I think they should be able to marry the person they love, just as much as i should be able to. Because gay, straight, bi....whatever, we are still people.

No comments: