Saturday, July 6, 2013

Some little details.

We finally put up some curtains. 

Hubby and I went to Boscov's and found some nice stuff at a really good price. 

Even though hubby says we gave them enough money this (we just purchased an Icomfort bed from them.

We went with valances and sheers. I'm not a huge fan of the thick light blocking drapes, so I always tend to gravitate towards sheer curtains. Here is what we came up with. 
Clearly this is in the kitchen.sorry pics aren't better.
Over the sliding door. I'm not a huge fane of this style blind.....but it was here when we moved in so I'll deal with it for now. Since we have the blinds we opted for just the valance here. 
We did the one window in the living room and the two in the "den" with the same valance we used on the sliding door but we added a sheer curtain to go with them. These two rooms are currently separated by a wall but we hope to knock that down soon to make one large room. 

We are going to repurpose the old valances from the den.   These things
 And use them in the guest room upstairs. 

We also added a valance to our bathroom 

And curtains for the bedroom.......which don't go with the awful salmon colored walls. But I'm pushing for blue walls in there in the near future.

Needless to say we are pretty happy. 

1 comment:

Sam_I_am said...

My husband and I had to make the compromise for blinds, because I don't like the huge, eclipse causing curtains either. My mom has those vertical blinds in her kitchen and Aly is always breaking them lol