Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm here......just not much.

So I've been MIA a lot lately. It's just that EVERYTHING is a bit over whelming right now. I don't even know where to start. hmmm.

  1. My body has taken on it's own plan and doesn't seem to care much how i feel about that. I've been really run down and tired lately and Cathy, you were right. My blood tests came back that I'm borderline Anemic. My sugar levels are dangerously high also, but my doctor is confident that my weight loss will help bring that down. GREAT. The Anemic thing wasn't much of a surprise to either of us seeing how I've been bleeding a slow death for awhile now. CAUTION TMI AHEAD. My cycle has never been normal. They always said it was because I was YOUNG and it would fix it's self. Well I'm 27, and while I know that's not OLD it's old enough to have a NORMAL period. I mean, figure I've been having them for more then 15 years now. Seems like normal should have worked it's self out. I've been on and off birth control all my life to help "try" and make them "normal' not much help. 3 months ago my doctor put me on a new pill. The one that gives you one cycle every 3 months. I was so excited. I normaly have it once a month for at least 2 weeks. YES. 2 WEEKS of wonderful fun. The new pills worked.........the first month. The second month not so much and by this month I'm pretty sure I was just taking them for fun. They did nothing. I've had my "cycle" since the end of October. Started the week before Halloween until now. I told my doctor I would rather DIE then keep doing this. So she upped my levels AGAIN. But she also told me to finish the 2.5 weeks i have left on the old pill plus a week of "no pills aka period week" and I said. PLEASE GOD NO. not another 3 weeks of this. I'm so run down and tired, i look like death. It's not pretty. so I'm going slightly rogue. I threw the other pills away, I'm not finishing them. I have cramps really bad and if I'm going to get it I just want to get it and get it over with. And of course I'm going away this weekend and I feel so run down and tired i just want to spend the next 9 days in bed.
  2. 9 days what a strange number you might be asking yourself. Well I'm off for the next 9 wonderful days. As of Sept 18th I've been working the morning shift here at the dead desk. Since Sept 18th I have NOT had more then one day off a week, with a few 7 day weeks thrown in there for fun. We trained a women to work with us for 8 weeks, the whole time telling our boss that the women wasn't picking anything up. They just let her go this week. So I'm still working 6 days a week. This has been going on since Sept. I'm so tired from work, stressed about everything that's happening here, in my life, and with my body, I'm going insane. They told us they don't plan on hiring anyone until after the holidays. GREAT. Because I LOVE working 6 days a week. Who needs more then one day off a week, exspecially around the holidays. I worked 57 hours the other week and I'm so looking forward to my 9 whole days off and away from this place.
  3. I'll be heading up to Buffalo tomorrow to see Soccermom and Baby Smith. Our first meeting I'm so excited. I'm staying with them until next Wednesday then it's home to get ready for my Big Brother's girlfriends baby shower, I'm throwing. I just want to relax, kick back and sleep.
  4. I've spent the last two weeks trying to fix and straighten out all the damage the "new lady" did in her 8 weeks here. What a mess. After 8 weeks she still didn't know which paper published in the morning and which was the evening paper. Everyday was like a sick joke of RETEACHING her everything I taught her the day before. A Sick Sick Joke. It was extra upsetting to KNOW we had gone to our boss about her in week 2 and she wouldn't even listen to what we had to say. I don't know what they plan on doing the next 9 days. There's only one person to work the obit desk, I feel bad but I haven't had two days off in a row since Early September. I need this vacation. I'm so frazzled all the time. The other night i stared at the page for 5 minutes and told the guy in composing i had no idea if it was ok because I couldn't remember what I should be doing. I NEED some time off. I'm so glad it's finally here.
  5. the last week the women was here, I had to come back in every night and help her dig herself out of the whole she was in, and try to prevent her from messing things up to bad. Every morning I was greeted with angry phone calls from customers, funeral directors, the editor, my boss. My answer, She's stupid! then to top off the week my picture card went bad and i lost all the pictures from summer and from the Halloween party. It has not been a good few months here.
So that's my story. I've been reading your blogs. I might not comment but I do read them. I'm hoping to be back to "normal" sometime in the not to distant future.

No comments: