Wednesday, October 30, 2013

HGTV made me do it.

I come from a long line of DO IT YOURSRLFERS/ HANDYMEN. I can't remember a time in my life when my dad wasn't 'remodeling' something. He NEVER called in an expert. He build additions, sheds, a pool house....all on his own. He constructed the deck around their pool, build and installed the fence around their yard (roughly an acre. He fixed it all. Was it all AMAZING....no. Did he make mistakes....Yes. Bt in the end it always came together. 

He spent a lot of time teaching my brother and I how to do these things. I remember him showing me how to hock the wires up to the electrical outlet. I was so proud to tell everyone "yup I wired all these outlets'. I have always said that I could build my own house it I had to. I understand how to stud a wall and frame out windows and doors. It might not be the prettiest house. But I could do it, because of my dad. And because I believe in my self. Because my Dad made sure my brother and I knew how to do things and believed in our ability to do it. One thing I got from my dad was the ability to look at something to visualize the End result. 

So needless to say HGTV was a hit in our house. We would watch it and talk about how WE would do it. So when the hubby and I purchased our home I was excited to MAKE IT OUR OWN. Goal one, open up the living room. Currently we have our living room and a formal room. WHO NEEDS THAT. Nt us. There is nothing formal about us. So we decided to rip down the wall. We talked to my brother about it and came up with our game plan. 

Step one demo. 

Step two. YELL ABOUT THE JERK WHO DECIDED TO PUT THE HEAT DUCT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WALL. 
 
Damn you HGTV. For making me think this could be easy. Damn you! 


No comments: