Thursday, August 9, 2012

1 month

WE just hit the one month mark. 1 month till we become Mister and Mrs.
1 MONTH.

I had my first dress fitting last Friday and my dress is...........more awesome then I even remembered. I LOVE my dress. So PRETTY! However I'm afraid I'll need a very detailed MAP of how to put it on at the wedding. The lady was mentioning hocks and snaps and loops and that was just for the bottom. HMMMM. I'm not a dress girl. I'm not a make up girl. I'm not a hair girl. I'm a Jeans. T-shirt. and Flops kind of girl. So I nixed the head piece my mom tried to "talk" me into....which wasn't as much of a talk as an "I'm getting you this, you need this for the wedding." NO. No I didn't.

And don't get me started on the over priced mosquito netting she insisted on buying. I borrowed a very simple and nice veil from my friend. It was my something borrowed, I don't even like veils.......BUT mom says "it's white it wont match your Ivory dress". So she buys me a new one....And at the fitting says......"you're dress looks white I don't think your new veil is going to match" YAAAAHHHHH. My friends are asking me about nail appointments and how I'm wearing my make up. It was hilarious the collective gasp i got when i told my bridesmaids i wasn't getting my nails done. Apparently that's a must. Something about hand pictures. WTF.

I meant with our photographer, who works with me, yesterday and now I'm really excited about the wedding and getting our pictures done. We came up with some fun and funny photo ideas. Not stuff everyone standing in a line photos for me. I'm a hair down heels up kind of girl. I'm looking to have FUN.

So I still new my something borrowed and something old. I'm using an old dress shirt of my dad's for my something blue. My plan is to use stripes of it to wrap my bouquet in. He looked pearl snap button shirts so I'm hoping to use the snaps on the wrap as well. I need to start making that. And my something new is a necklace my mom insisted on buying me.

1 MONTH!

No comments: