Friday, May 11, 2012

So we are now just shy of 4 months till the wedding. AHHHH. When did that happen. It's not like we ever had a lot of time, we picked a date a mire 9 months from the day he proposed. We are NUTS excited! Today i decided we I should try my hand at making some center pieces. Here's the break down on our wedding it's
  • low key, just like us.
  • We are using Lego's in different aspects, cause Jeremy LOVES Lego's.
  • I wanted something to bring our colors together and a cool way to add the table numbers.
Below is what I came up with. Please note these are ROUGH assembles.


Up first a more modern look. Since we are using Lego's for some small aspects in our decorating I thought we might like a look like this. It's a glass bowl with Lego's. Next we have a tall vase that we would either paint yellow or black and mask off the number for the table, so it would show through once a candle is placed inside. and top it off with some flowers in our colors.


Next up


I really loved liked this one. If this was the winner we would stain the wooden cylinder and place matching flowers inside. The number I would either stain or paint black so it stands out from the flowers. I think some more greens in the vase and maybe some lace fabric and edging hanging over the side a bit would really make it look chic. Although the container is a bit flimsy.
Closer look at the number.


And after all my hard work and two trips to two different craft stores......................................................THE WINNER IS!!!!




It's not the best picture. But i found these tapered square containers that hold the flowers up better, it has a lot less space for the flowers to gap and look "fake". So we have decided to go back to Michael's and see if we can get about 10 more. they were on clearance today......so I'm hoping they are enough. (crossing my fingers). then we will stain them and i think I still want to get some lace fabric to drape over the edges a bit. I think it'll give it a nice elegant touch.

3 comments:

Diane said...

WEDDING?!?! Oh. My. Word. I have missed a lot!!! Congrats!!!!

Melissa said...

Ummmmm.... I guess I have been gone too long!! Wedding, what??

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Amy McMean said...

Yes my bloggy ladies you have! Oh don't worry there will be plenty of pictures but you have time to get caught up the wedding isn't until september