Wednesday, February 3, 2016


Well........he's here 
All 8 lbs. 6 ounces and 20 1/2 inches of him is HERE. 

IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE. Not one that I'm quick to repeat. Does that make me sound bad? I hope not. I had a great pregnancy. Couldn't have asked for an easier time of it....right up till the end. Right up till the doctors decided that inducing me was better then chancing me going past my due date. Which knowing what I know now.....this little guy would have been late. But being late would have been a million times better then inducing me. 

They induced me on Wednesday Jan 20th. We arrived at the hospital at 9 am to get the party started. And that's where I stayed until Monday Jan 25th. He wouldn't come. I wouldn't dilate. Finally Friday morning, the morning of the big snow storm, they said ITS TIME TO PUSH.

So I did. I pushed. For 2 1/2 hours I pushed. After 3 days of being hooked up to machines and two of those days on full bed rest because of the epidural, I pushed. And I pushed. And I cried. And I said I can't do this...more times then I remember. And I pushed. And he. He didn't budge. Didn't move. Didn't descend like he should have. And then I told the doctor 'I need to stop can we please do a c section, is it to late for that?' 

I didn't want c section. My husband tried to talk me out of it. But I was so tired. I was in so much pain. I told him I couldn't do it anymore that I just wanted to be done. And I cried. And then we went for the emergency c section. 

Oliver, my little chubby cheeked baby boy was born at 12:40 pm on Friday Jan 22nd. He was born in destress. He had pooped inside and was covered in it when they took him out he also has fluid in his lungs. They cleaned him up as quick as they could showed him to me and then whisked him off to the NICU. My husband asked if I wanted him to stay but I told him go with the baby. 

Once I was back in Recovery my husband and mom came back with pictures of the little guy. He stayed in the NICU until 830pm that night. I didn't even get to hold my little guy until 9 hours after he was born. 

No comments: